Girls, we know you want to be your best you! We all do! When we think about being the best versions of ourselves, you probably imagine glamour, decadence, and success. But the best things in life aren’t always the wild ones! It’s the little things that count, and when it comes to poise and class, this holds true! I lay down a firm foundation of etiquette and courtesy, we elevate ourselves to a higher level–one that sets us apart from all others. So if you’re ready to become modern-day royalty, then it’s time to go back to basics!
Introducing The Royal Experience: Everyday Etiquette and Modern Day CourTESSy, the all-in-one, the new-you workbook for girls of all ages! This topical reference for manners, decorum, and life skills is a must-have for any girl looking to change her life and focus her strengths in a classy, dynamic, and well-meaning direction.
Course Textbook (s): Everyday Etiquette and Modern Day CourTESSy and My TESStimony by Contessa T. Walker – Jackson
Course Materials: The Royal Experience Diary/Journal
How do you define a “lady”? Who is she? What does she look like?
Young women today are being urged on all sides to conform to different standards of beauty and behavior. This course is designed to help young girls to discover within themselves natural grace and poise, to develop and display self-confidence and to teach them to prepare and present themselves in a manner that engenders self-respect and respect for others.
The course offers insight into the physical and social characteristics that define a girl into a woman. It is geared towards young women and seeks to help them develop habits and attitudes that will make them stand out as leaders among their peers and in their communities.
By the end of this course, girls will be able to:
- Identify and describe the benefits of proper hygiene and healthcare
- Demonstrate acceptable standards of cleanliness
- Determine and demonstrate an understanding of one’s personal style
- Display appropriate grooming techniques and modes of dress
- Demonstrate an understanding of the importance of first impressions and image
- Demonstrate proper techniques for sitting, standing, walking, and entering a room
- Describe and demonstrate the use of appropriate
greetings and introductions in social settings
- Display positivity in thought, action, and reaction
- Speak carefully and precisely with attention to proper oratorical style
- Demonstrate respect, civility, and courtesy in all situations and particularly in challenging ones
- Demonstrate traditions of etiquette in “host” and “guest” capacity