Whether you are a student, teacher, business owner, or a professional, quitting may be something you weigh often. It’s common to face challenges you can’t see yourself getting around, or simply lack the determination to keep pushing. However, the obstacle is always the way. These issues should encourage you to become a better version of yourself to get through them.
Why You Should Stay the Course in Your Journey
There are some assurances that will help you when you are at your lowest point.
- Believe it or not, some people will be glad you quit. Your competition or your enemies are always awaiting your downfall. Dropping out of the race more than likely puts them in a better place.
- Nobody is perfect; keep going. The perfect man doesn’t exist, but the one willing to learn from his mistakes gets much closer to perfection than the one who gives up because he messes up.
- Success isn’t rewarding if it’s easy. We value things more when they are more difficult to come by; our greatest successes are born from our greatest adversities.
- Stop comparing yourself to others. Comparison is truly the thief of joy. Each person has their own unique talents, and it does no good to compare with others.
- You will never know what would have happened. If you quit now, you’ll never know how far your dream could have reached, and you will likely regret not seeing it through.
- Character building at its best. Staying the course builds discipline, resilience and strength which can be applied to every facet of life and your future.
- You’re a lot closer than you think. Sometimes a big shift is right around the corner, but you can’t see it because you are blinded by your challenges. Don’t let temporary situations lead you to make permanent decisions.
Your Life Is Not Defined By Your Mistakes
Life is not just about what you do wrong or right. It’s to be enjoyed with your family and loved ones without the need to conform to what others consider happiness or success. Your mistakes can be used to pivot and position yourself for success now that you know how not to go about it. Anytime you’re feeling down, give yourself some positive affirmations and remember why you started in the first place.